Monday, October 25, 2010

What's up, Doc?

16 on Saturday went pretty well. Probably ran a bit too fast (no idea what my pace was during the run, the Garmin has not been behaving of late, so I've been kickin' it old school wearing a stopwatch...yeah, that's right, a stopwatch). The way I see it, if I can't run 16 at 6:55-7 minute pace, I'm likely not going to be able to run 26.2 at 7:15. I was secretly hoping my achilles had miraculously recovered...what the hell was I thinking?
The "creak" showed up yesterday. If you're not sure what I mean, Google "achilles tendonitis creaking" and see what you get. By all indications, the creak is not a good thing. And so, today, at 2:30 PM, I'm heading to see a legit Sports MD. Enough self-diagnosis via Google searches. In a few hours I'll know what's up. No matter what, I'll be relieved. If I get to run, I'll be happy...though a bit nervous about the possibilities, and a bit bummed I'm not at 100%. If I don't run, I'll be pretty bummed...but at least I know I'll be heading on the road to recovery and (hopefully) an injury free year in 2011.

No comments: