Saturday, March 22, 2008

Feelin' Lucky

Today was a really great late winter/early spring day. A great day to get some big miles in, to put some time in, to start feeling really good about the work I've put in the past few months...but I spent most of the day on the couch...and I'm really lucky I did. I've got 12 staples in my back right now holding together a wound from surgery on tuesday. I had a moderate/severely dysplastic nevi (a really bad mole) removed...the staples will come out in 2 weeks and 2 weeks later I'll have another one taken out and some more staples put in. So, I can look forward to the better part of my spring being unable to bend over to tie my shoes for fear of tearing out staples. By the middle/end of may, I'm hoping to get my fitness back to where it was 2 weeks ago. I'm not going to lie, I'm bummed...but I'm lucky. I don't have melanoma, and if I did, we're taking care to make sure we catch it on time. Kira set me straight last week...a spring without riding or running or climbing is a hell of a lot better than the alternative. Sitting on the couch is definitely not the best use of my time, and I'm a bit disappointed it's how I spent my day...but it's rest, which I need...it's time to put some thoughts and ideas together...take some slow walks with the dogs around the new neighborhood...and be thankful for how lucky I am

No comments: